More than 30 people associated with former president Donald Trump have received subpoenas from the Department of Justice (DoJ) as investigations into the January 6, 2021 incident continue. Officials involved in political fundraising as well as those who have been involved in Trump’s campaign operations have received grand jury subpoenas, according to multiple sources. Most of those have received the subpoenas have declined to comment. The Justice Department also declined to comment, on Monday.
The New York Times reported that 40 subpoenas were issued by the Justice Department in a week, as it expanded its January 6, enquiry. It also said that the phones of two advisers of Trump had been seized, during the last week.
According to people who are familiar with the investigations, the top advisers of Trump whose phones were taken by the Justice Department are Boris Epshteyn, who is an in-house counsel and helps in the coordination of the legal efforts of Trump and Mike Roman who is a campaign strategist. He was said to be the director of Election Day operations for the 2020 Trump campaign.
The NYT also said that a wide variety of those who were in Trump’s circle had received the new subpoenas. They included low level aides as well as senior advisers of Trump. Some of the subpoenas asked for all the records that these people had given to the House January 6 committee.
Although most of the persons involved have not responded when asked for comment nor has there been an official release from the Justice Department the following persons have reportedly received subpoenas:
Last week, Former New York City Police Commissioner Bernard Kerik’s lawyer confirmed to NBC news that he got a subpoena.
Will Russell received a subpoenas as confirmed by CBS News
Former aides Stephen Miller and Brian Jack reportedly received subpoenas but did not respond or declined to comment.
Mother Amy Kremer and daughter Kylie Kremer also received subpoenas and Amy’s attorney confirmed it.
According to CNN, former Trump campaign manager Bill Stepien who also was a former White House Political Director as well as Sean Dollman, who is a Republican political advisor and financial consultant, received subpoenas but did not respond, when asked for comment. The outlet reported that former White House Deputy Chief of Staff, Dan Scavino also did not respond. Earlier Trump lawyers including Rudy Giuliani and Victoria Toensing had received subpoenas.
The Justice Department has been intensifying its criminal investigation into the occurrences on January 6, 2021, according to multiple sources who spoke to multiple outlets.
Follow us on Google news for more updates and News